We all want to achieve success in life.
We want the corner office, the big house, the nice car, respect, money, …
But we don’t want to make the effort necessary for success.
Nor do we understand that success starts with us.
In reality, investing in yourself is the best way to achieve success by helping you to become the best version of yourself.
Wondering what are the best ways to invest in yourself?
Investing in yourself is realizing success in all areas of your life. It means:
- Becoming your best self.
- Getting to know who you truly are.
- Maximizing your talents.
- Achieving your purpose.
- Making yourself more valuable to people.
1. Understand that you are the greatest asset you can ever ask for
First of all, you are the greatest investment you can ever make.
Investing in yourself will ensure long term happiness, purpose and financial stability.
2. Take the pressure off
You are not going to be the best or the most improved person just in one day.
- Acknowledge that there is always room for improvement.
- Understand that you are doing the best you can with the tools that you have.
- Take the pressure off and start your journey where you are emotionally, physically, mentally, financially.
- Don’t dwell on past mistakes. Look at your failures as an opportunity to grow.
3. Follow your purpose
The best way you can use your money is on yourself and on your purpose.
Besides, whenever you follow your purpose, the money automatically follows.
To fulfill your purpose:
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Don’t take a job just for the paychecks.
- Set goals for yourself to fulfill your plans.
4. Take care of your mind
Take care of your mind and identify what you need to succeed.
- Take time off to renew your mind.
- Discipline your emotions so you can respond to negativity appropriately.
- Stay true to yourself and grow your mindset.
- Let go of the past and be grateful for your present.
- Feed your inner spirit. Meditate and speak words of affirmations on your life.
5. Educate yourself to the fullest
Knowledge is better than riches and cannot be taken away from you.
So, to invest in yourself, you have to learn and develop new skills that sill serve you in all areas of your life.
You can attend classes and apply for training sessions online for free.
You can also go to different events to network with people and to listen to their experiences.
Finally, you can read a book at least 15 minutes per day. Reading and studying blogs and books will increase your skills. There is always hidden knowledge in books.
6. Travel as much as you can
To invest in yourself, start travelling and experiencing new cultures.
When you travel, you open yourself up to new people, new ideas, new solutions.
This will broaden your experiences and will help you understand a different culture, talk to people of all walks of life, become more diplomatic and more culturally sensitive.Travel is the best investment you can make in yourself. It teaches you that there are many ways to live a good, fulfilled life. It broadens your world view, yet makes you appreciate home all the more. - Joel Sartore Click To Tweet
7. Stay organized
When investing in yourself, it is essential to:
- Manage your time effectively. Schedule your time with the tasks that you need to do. You don’t need to put a time frame in each task but start with the most important one.
- Take care of your environment. Clean up your mess. Make your bed as soon as you wake up. Clean up your environment. A messy environment has a way of cluttering your mind.
8. Take care of your body
Health is wealth so it becomes imperative to take care of your health, to exercise and to eat healthy.
Exercising first thing in the morning energizes you, boosts up your confidence and gives you a running start on your day.
Eating healthier and working out may cost more but are a long-term investment.
9. Take care of your relationships
Relationships can take your career or your hustle to the next level. Therefore, when you are investing in yourself, you may want to:
- Meet people who will get you out of your comfort zone.
- Monitor where you spend your time and the people who surround you.
- Analyze how you feel after an interaction. You may have to eliminate people or activities who do not bring any value to you.
10. Find a role model
To figure out his to invest in yourself, you must find the right mentors and the right role models.
You can even invest in a coach to learn and produce faster results.
Additionally, you can hire someone who you trust, who is living the life you want, who have the character that you want.
Last Words Of Advice!
The moment you start investing in yourself, the more you will gain respect, money and manifest positive opportunities so you can experience life to the fullest.
Don’t wait to invest in yourself!
Hope that I’ve helped you get it together on your way to leadership!
Don’t forget to like, share and leave a comment below.
The Leader Planner13,95€
Subscribe to Journey To Leadership
Journey To Leadership is the premier source for everything Leadership. It focuses on career advice, leadership and character development. Get the latest here!
Latest posts by journeytoleadershipblog (see all)
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You By Cal Newport - 9 December 2019
- Quote Of The Week #119 - 9 December 2019
- Unf*** Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life By Gary John Bishop - 2 December 2019