The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is used to highlight bloggers that are positive, creative, inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers.
I am grateful to be nominated by Parler d’Expresso for the Sunshine Blogger Award, along side with 9 other blogs. Parler d’Expresso is a great lifestyle blog, where Freddy shares his raw opinion on various topics. It is uncommon for career advice blogs to be nominated, so I am willing to indulge.
How does it work?
1. Thank the person that nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog
2. Answer the questions from the person that nominated you
3. Nominate some other bloggers for this award and give them questions to answer too
4. Notify the bloggers you have nominated
5. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo
Lets get to know each other better…
What made you start blogging?
For my first leadership job, straight out of college, I had no clues of what I was doing. So, I started reading books on self-assessment and self-development. Most importantly, I started taking notes of these books and applying them on a regular basis on my job. My blog is a result of what has worked for me so far. Tested and approved.
What inspires you to write?
I want to help recent graduates and people, mostly working in corporate, to acquire great values, to develop their leadership skills and character.
What is your vision in life?
My vision in life is to create an entire brand around my blog.
Who is your role model?
I have several role models that are mostly public figures and public speakers such as
- Lolly Daskal for her professional background,
- Steve Harvey for his candor about his struggles, entrepreneurial spirit and inspirational speeches,
- TD Jakes for his desire to leave a mark, and to inspirit others to pursue their purpose.
I have many more role models but those are the ones that stand out to me right now.
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
And now, here are my questions to you, my nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is that you like the most about blogging?
- What is your dream job ?
- What’s the most exciting thing you ever done?
- A book that you will definitely recommend?
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
- What’s the best advice anyone ever gave you?
I have been nominated for the first time for the blogger recognition award by the lovely Melanated Butter Fly! I am grateful, excited and flattered to have been nominated after a few months of blogging.
The Melanated Butter Fly is a travel blog, filled with adventure and beautiful landscapes and experiences, all from the perspective of a young South African woman: Nolusindiso “Nolu” Hleko.
How did I start my Journey To Leadership Blog?
I started my blog to help graduates transition smoothly to the corporate life, to help people improve their corporate skills, leadership skills and to advance their career.
Since, I have mostly been writing about overcoming toxic people, the methods to handling toxic situations, withstanding the hiring process, divulging the hard truths about corporate. This stems from a desire to help people survive hard times because i belive good times are innately easy to handle.
I also write about finding your strengths and weaknesses, making the most of your strength, identifying your purpose and calling, developing character and core values, and becoming the best leader you can be. I believe that you have to grow as an individual and as a leader, stand stall with your core values, to pick yourself back up and to have something to look forward to in life.
Advice for new bloggers?
I would advice my fellow bloggers to:
- Stay committed to their blog, to their creative decisions and to their followers. Don’t allow setbacks or lack of income to discourage you from building the blog of your dreams or from implementing your vision.
- Keep learning from other blogs in your niche and outside of your niche. Read books, be open to new experiences and to new acquaintances.
The Journey To Leadership has nominated the following 10 blogs:
- Danny Writes – For his social and political consciousness.
- A Shieldmaiden Life – For the ability to face realities, to be undefeated by life and to seek to inspire others.
- Fare Machine Blog – For sharing practical travel tips, regional gastronomy and encouraging us to travel by promoting wonderful landscapes.
- Iamots – For seeking to empower and motivate others.
- Digital Advice – For providing useful tips for blogging and marketing.
- Maroon Oak – For connecting women professionals to each other, helping women find a work life balance.
- Live Learn Laugh – For the desire to empower women in their community and to encourage them towards self-confidence, self-leadership and self-acceptance.
- JthreeNMe – For her parenting and marriage advice and especially for the piece Dear Little Girl With The Smart Mouth.
- On Women’s Mind – For her strong opinion about fashion, beauty, parenting.
- Women To Leaders – For her coverage of political and events and women working conditions in the world.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.