Jen Sincero wrote You Are A Bad*ss: How To Stop Doubting Your Greatness And Start Living An Awesome Life at a time when she needed help, wanted to change and to find a deeper purpose.
In her book, Jen Sincero shares a few concepts that will help you become a bad*ss. Which means, you will be able to:
- Believe in your vision and manifest it.
- Overcome your fears.
- Be comfortable with your failures and not feel guilty about your current situation. You will come to the realization that you can do more with your life, that you are capable to do better, that you don’t have to wait for failure or for the perfect situation to get started.
- Takes risks, live large and understand that you have nothing to lose.
- Love and forgive yourself.
The Mind Games You Play With Yourself
Parents, from the day you were born, pass down their beliefs to their children.
The truth is our subconscious mind, filled with beliefs from our childhood, rules our lives.
Unfortunately, those beliefs are limiting and false. However, we don’t know better when we are younger.
Besides, our conscious mind actively jump from one random thought to another, is not in full control of our lives. In fact, our subconscious mind and our conscious mind are constantly in conflict but the subconscious mind always win. To solve that conflict:
- Become more aware of your subconscious beliefs.
- Identify what is blocking you from the life you want to live.
- Invite new positive beliefs into your life.
The Bad*Ass Concept For Purpose & Goal-Setting
Jen Sincero encourages us to believe that there are greater things out there, to get a deeper understanding of your spirituality, to set your goals, to activate the law of attraction and manifest what you want in life.
- Believe what you want and it will come through.
- Ask for what you want, act as if you have already received what you have asked for.
- Keep your thoughts on your goals.
- Manage your time appropriately. Get organized and stay organized.
- Create a vision board.
- Surround yourself with people who will help you become the person you aspire to be and who share your mentality.
How To Become A Bad*ss?
One moment we think we’re feeling fantastic, other times we are feeling real insecure. One must come to conclusion, see themselves the way they want to be, and look at themselves through the eyes of someone you admire.
Discovering your “bad*ssery” is all about finding out who you really are and living our best life. We must get in touch with our inner self, the person we were when we were born and love that person. To become a bad*ass:
- Identify and appreciate your gifts and talents. Everyone is unique and has unique gifts.
- Share your talents and gifts with the world.
- Rewire your brain with positive affirmations and replace negative thoughts with positive ones. At some point, you must choose to let go of wrong beliefs and of decisions that hold you back. To identify your fears and negative thoughts, when you are working, observe the type of thoughts when you suddenly stop, when you get discouraged.
- Do activities that you enjoy.
- Try new activities and get out your comfort zone.
- Avoid self-deprecating humor and practice self-love.
- Avoid comparing yourself to others. Watching someone go after their dream, after what they truly want can make others uncomfortable and trigger insecurities.
- Forgive yourself for past and future mistakes. You must forgive yourself before you end up hurting yourself.
- Stay in the present. Take example on animals and babies that are not concerned about the past or the future.
- Don’t worry about what people think of you.
- Be responsible for what you say or do.
- Give more than you take.
- Learn to be grateful for what you have and what has not yet manifested itself because gratitude trumps fear.
- Trust your gut. Do what feels right and what interest you in the moment instead of thinking.
- Always do your best. Your best doesn’t have to perfect.
You Are A Bad*ss: How To Stop Doubting Your Greatness And Start Living An Awesome Life by Jen Sincero is an entertaining, motivational and thoughtful book that encourages you to live your best life and provides a guide map to do so.
You Are A Bad*ss: How To Stop Doubting Your Greatness And Start Living An Awesome Life is written for people who are looking to do better, be better and focus on the essentials. It is written for people who refuse to self-loathe, want to change and who want to manifest their purpose.
Furthermore, Jen Sincero makes some great points, is blunt in her delivery yet has an efficient message. She shares relatable topics such as love, purpose, relationship with money, career advancement and what you are willing to do to get ahead.
Matter of fact, her message is all common sense. However, most people are unaware of these principles, forget about them, and forget that what they need is already inside of them.
Jen Sincero keeps it real and positive throughout her book. She places great quotes at the beginning of every chapter and ends every chapter with a call to action to love yourself.
You Are A Bad*ss: How To Stop Doubting Your Greatness And Start Living An Awesome Life resembles the principles of The Four Agreements By Don Miguel Ruiz in every way.
What this book has to do with being a leader, you ask?
This book is detrimental to leadership and clarifying your principles and core values. Leadership is all about discovering your purpose, the power of your conviction, controlling your subconscious mind, appreciating your strengths and weaknesses.
Let us know what you think about this book!
If you want to live a life you’ve never lived, you have to do things you’ve never done.
We would be wise to take more of our cues from the beasts and babies.
It’s not that the things and opportunities that we want in life don’t exist yet.
It’s that we’re not yet aware of their existence (or the fact that we can really have them).
You are a badass. You were one when you came screaming onto this planet and you are one now. The Universe wouldn’t have bothered with you otherwise. You can’t screw up so majorly that your badassery disappears. It is who you are. It’s who you always will be. It’s not up for negotiation.
We’re born knowing how to trust our instincts, how to breathe deeply, how to eat only when we’re hungry, how to not care about what anyone thinks of our singing voices, dance moves, or hairdos, we know how to play, create, and love without holding back. Then, as we grow and learn from the people around us, we replace many of these primal understandings with negative false beliefs, fear, shame, and self-doubt.
What you choose to focus on becomes your reality.
- 3 Easy Ways Leaders Regain Power Over Destructive Habits - 19 July 2021
- Quote Of The Week #201 - 19 July 2021
- Quiet Girls Can Run the World : Owning Your Power When You’re Not the “Alpha” in the Room By Rebecca Holman - 12 July 2021