Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2022
Quote Of The Week #253
Quote Of the Week #232
50 Affirmations For Leaders To Welcome The New Year
Happy New Year!
Congratulations, you’ve made it through another year!
To start this new year empowered, we have put together a few affirmations for you to improve your leadership journey.
Wondering how leaders welcome the New Year?
1. I love my life, who I was, who I am and who I’m about to become.
2. I believe in myself.
3. I have the ability to succeed.
4. I am worthy of success.
5. I am resilient and self-sufficient.
6. I have a positive mindset and attitude.
7. I release negative self talk and beliefs.
8. I am enough and I accept myself.
9. I respect myself.
10. I am focused on my goals and my personal success.
11. I do my best every day.
12. I am open to learn.
13. I live in the present and look forward to my future.
14. My past will not dictate my future.
15. I can do anything I set my mind to.
16. I am willing to step out of my comfort zone.
17. I see obstacles as challenges and failures as an opportunity to grow.
18. I have the energy to achieve my goals.
19. I possess the knowledge to achieve my goal.
20. I have the confidence to achieve my goals and to stand by my personal choices.
21. I make good use of my time.
22. I am in full control of my life.
23. I don’t have to justify myself to anyone.
24. I am honest with myself.
25. I trust myself and my abilities.
26. I do not need validation from others.
27. I am willing to face my fears.
28. I am grateful for my life and my achievements.
29. New ideas come to me regularly.
30. Abundance flows freely through me.
31. I make sound decisions.
32. I am at peace in my life.
33. My life is abundant and full of joy.
34. Possibilities are endless and I am limitless.
35. I am unafraid of taking risks.
36. I am able to achieve a work-life balance.
37. I am in control of my thoughts and emotions.
38. I am surrounded by people who encourage me to be my best and true self.
39. I am able to foster true connections with others.
40. I live up to my full potential.
41. I express my true and best self.
42. Everything is going according to plan.
43. I create the life of my dreams.
44. I attract the right people and opportunities.
45. Prosperity and wealth flow to and through me.
46. All my problems have a solution.
47. I am living my best life.
48. There is nothing I am not able to overcome.
49. Each and everyday is an opportunity for improvement.
50. I already possess everything I need for success.
Last Words Of Advice!
Affirmations seems simply but are higly effective.
You just have to pick at least one affirmation to repeat each day in front of the mirror or before you take a step outside.
Everyday, thanks to affirmations, you have the ability to become a better version of yourself.
Today is the day you decide to be gey rid of оld hаbіtѕ аnd take up nеw роѕіtіvе оnеѕ.
Hope that I’ve helped you get it together on your way to leadership!
Don’t forget to like, share and leave a comment below.
Subscribe to Journey To Leadership
Unbeatable Mind: Forge Resiliency and Mental Toughness to Succeed at an Elite Level By Mark Divine
Unbeatable Mind: Forge Resiliency and Mental Toughness to Succeed at an Elite Level by Mark Divine provides methods and strategies to:
- Develop an unbeatable mind.
- Deal with harsh realities.
- Increase your personal power.
- Improve your thought pattern and find your positive focus.
- Master and outperform yourself.
- Train your team.
An Unbeatable Mind?
A person with an unbeatable mind is always original, cultivates excellence, seeks to magnify his or her potential and hates mediocrity.
In addition, an unbeatable mind follows universal laws and truths, is resilient, has great character and leadership qualities.
Furthermore, an unbeatable mind avoids group-thinking, procrastination and inaction.
According to Divine, it is imperative that you gain mental control, acquire mental toughness and develop leadership qualities.
How to find your positive focus and gain mental control?
Spending time alone and in silence, quieting your mind is discouraged in Western society.We are rarely, if ever, encouraged to spend time in silence or get to know the depth of our character. - Mark Divine Click To Tweet
People are therefore prone to negative thinking. However, negativity destroys performance and brings down your energy.
In order to find a positive focus and gain mental control:
- Be aware of your negativity. To become self-ware, practice silence, define your passion, principles and purpose.
- Prohibit the negative self-talk.
- Focus on positive self-talk or affirmations. Add positive imagery and feelings to those affirmations.
- Find a mantra or an affirmation that will run in the background of your mind.
How to gain mental toughness?
Mental toughness is sustaining positive focus on one task, on the one thing that keeps you going.
Mental toughness helps you concentrate on your tasks for long periods of time without any distractions.
To develop mental toughness:
- Practice concentration on a daily basis.
- Understand that your overall success depends on every single choice that you make.
- Acknowledge that the small choices lead you towards excellence and shape your life the most.
- Educate yourself on how stress works, how you react to it and learn to eliminate it from your life.
Develop the disciplines of a Warrior
According to Mark Divine, Warriors are those who have achieved mental control and mental toughness.
They have learnt to discipline their mind so they can focus on the things that matter most, maintain positive focus when they need it most, avoid being distracted by negative emotions and negative beliefs.
Since the Warrior is committed to mastering himself or herself, he or she has mastered the following disciplines:
- Simplicity. They have learnt to detach themselves from material things that they don’t need.
- Dedication. They apply themselves daily but don’t take themselves too seriously.
- Authenticity. They are honest with themselves.
- Service. They build up their character.
Warriors with unbeatable minds:
- Develop a strong plan and discipline.
- Commit daily to the plan.
- Are mindful of their decisions.
- Stay in the present moment.
- Maintain their energy and their positive focus.
- Fulfill their purpose.
- Make change happen.
- Step up their game and take action.
- Lead themselves and work with an unbeatable team.
- Do what is best for their team.
- Align their team with their vision and purpose.
Unbeatable Mind: Forge Resiliency and Mental Toughness to Succeed at an Elite Level by Mark Divine is a great guide for being and maintaining positivity no matter what.
Mark Divine gives sound and practical advice, using his 20 years of experience as a Navy Seal.
Mark Divine applies what he learnt with the NAVY to his regular life and work. He teaches you how to:
- Discipline yourself and manage your emotions.
- Reject mediocrity.
- Build up your resilience.
- get the life and career you want.
Unbeatable Mind: Forge Resiliency and Mental Toughness to Succeed at an Elite Level is useful for leaders, corporate teams and all those who want to condition their mind, body and soul.
I definitively loved the military aspect, principles and parallels in the book. However, because of his experience, some of his analogies are extreme and unrelatable.
Let me know below what you think about this book!
Consistency is the omnipotent force behind change.
We are rarely, if ever, encouraged to spend time in silence or get to know the depth of our character.
Negativity destroys performance in the short term and precludes success and happiness in the long term.
Lack of meaning and purpose is a major cause of despair and despondency in the world.
AuthorCopyright secured by Digiprove © 2021
Quote Of the Week #216
Secrets Of Six Figure Women: Up Your Earnings and Change Your Life By Barbara Stanny
Although, most women remain underpaid and make 50% to 80% of what men make, more and more women are earning high salaries.
Women who underearn operate below their potential, have negative beliefs about money, work more for less pay without making the “conscious choice to live with less”.
The reality is that underearning affects your self-confidence, breaks down your lifestyle and limit your opportunities.
To start earning more and to make the right decisions, women need to change the way they think about themselves and their relationship with money.
SECRET 1 “Financial Success Is Possible in Almost Any Field, and Lack of Education Doesn’t Have to Hold You Back.”
Six-Figure women get credentials and go for the highest level of education they can possibly get.
However, they don’t let credentials stop them from achieving success.
SECRET 2 “Working Hard Doesn’t Mean Working All the Time.”
Six-Figure women take pleasure in their work and they work smart.
At the very least, they find jobs that are stimulating and fulfilling.
SECRET 3 “Focus on Fulfilling Your Values Rather Than Financial Gain.”
Women feel that they have to overwork themselves, stay longer hours than their male counterparts in order to attain their ambitions or to compete with men.
However, that lifestyle is not sustainable. High earning women look for signs of fatigue, burnout, a way to get more done in less time, to up their focus and for a way to balance their personal and professional life.
SECRET 4 “Loving What You Do Is Much More Important Than What You Do.”
The put their visions and values before financial gain.
Moreover, they want to live on their own terms.
Focusing on making money only creates an internal void that could never be filled.
SECRET 5 “Feel the Fear. Have the Doubts. Go for It Anyway.”
They are confident and believe in themselves.
They believe that they can do anything they set their minds to.
Of course, they struggle with self-doubt and fears but they somehow manage to overcome those fears or to fake it until they make it.
SECRET 6 “Think in Terms of Trade-offs, Not Sacrifices, to Find a Workable Equilibrium.”
Six-Figure women deal gracefully with social injustices.
They have figure out ways to deal with biases, injustices, racism and sexism with their sense of humor.
SECRET 7 “Sometimes You Just Have to Shrug It Off and Have a Good Laugh.”
They are grateful for what they have and how far they have come.
SECRET 8 “Appreciate Abundance.”
Six-Figure women are not victim of their circumstances.
They refuse to be beaten down or depressed for extended periods of time. Instead, they remain positive and optimistic against all odds.
Secrets Of Six Figure Women: Up Your Earnings and Change Your Life by Barbara Stanny identifies the secrets of six-figure women, understand the traits and the principles that these women live by, so that we can apply these principles to our personal lives.
Secrets Of Six Figure Women: Up Your Earnings and Change Your Life helps you grow internally, expand your mindset, remove self-limiting beliefs, become self-aware, become financially aware and boost your income.
Furthermore, Barbara Stanny aims to shift the mindset from overcoming obstacles to finding in opportunities to increasing your earnings.
She shifts the focus from wage gap to wage gain, from lack to abundance.
Barbara Stanny, a new aged woman with a lot of questions when it comes to the process of women earning six figures, interviews and introduces us to the mindset of high powered and high earning women from all professional background.
I enjoyed the fact that she gave easy and achievable steps into earning more.
I also appreciated that Barbara Stanny tackled the fact that almost every woman and monorities experience the same hardships in the workplace.
Unfortunately, in 2020, not much has changed in corporate. Racism and sexism are still present in most organizations.
Do you have the same experience at home or in the workplace? Has earning a high income created any backlash at home or in The workplace?
Let me know below what you think about this book!
Was holding a high-paying job even worth what I imagined it would entail? Did six-figure women have to work absurdly long hours, forfeit their femininity, forgo their happiness, give up all semblance of a personal life? Did their marriages hold up? Did their children suffer? Did they bear lasting scars from breaking glass ceilings or battling gender bias? Was it possible for anyone to become a high earner? Could I?
What if we shifted the spotlight from women’s plight to women’s progress? What if we turned our attention from what’s wrong with the system and instead analyzed what’s working for those who are succeeding? We’re not ignoring the problem; we’re merely shifting our perspective.
Lawyer Tracy Preston told me the same thing. “If I internalized every time someone said something racist or sexist I wouldn’t be able to function. There’s always some incident that’ll be jarring, but I recognize it’s people’s ignorance. How do I deal with it? As they say, being black in America isn’t easy, so you have to have a sense of humor. Otherwise you’d go crazy.”
Like it or not, money affects virtually every area of your life. Lack of it leads to dependency and hardship. It can limit your access to health care and lifestyle choices. It can keep you in an unhappy marriage and an unsatisfying job. It perpetuates the cycle of poverty and debt, of discontent and chronic stress.
Our state of mind, however, often resembles a rearview mirror. We head toward the future seeing only the images from our past, and then wonder why nothing ever changes. I once heard insanity defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting it to be different. Given that definition, I can safely say underearning is a form of financial insanity.
The real work in raising the bar is to stop doing the same old thing you’ve always done, to try out new strategies, to ignore false alarms, to resist the urge to quit, and to refuse to fall back into familiar terrain. The ability to tolerate discomfort—doing what might not feel good, but doing it anyway—is the only way you’ll ever complete the path to financial success. It helps to keep in mind that the discomfort is temporary, but the payoff is extraordinary.
You must let go of where you are to get to where you want to go.
men got high marks from their bosses when they were forceful and assertive, but women were downgraded for displaying the same qualities. To be quite candid, the double standard is alive and kicking—assertive men are respected, assertive women are resented.
About the author
Subscribe to Journey To Leadership
Quote Of The Week #150
Mental Toughness: Essential Principles of Leadership and Success By Mak Hill
Mental Toughness Leads to SuccessMental toughness is a “muscle that needs occasional flexing”. Mental toughness constantly requires nurturing your self-esteem and improving your attitude. In addition, it involves letting go of fears, taking on challenges, staying focused and failing up. Mental toughness keeps you motivated, overcomes self-doubt, helps you face your fears, regulate your emotions, listen to your inner voice, accept, learn and bounce back from your mistakes.
The Habits Of Mentally Tough LeadersLeaders have to handle difficult situations on a daily basis in the workplace and still have to make space for their personal lives. Furthermore, they have to build a vision from the ground up, communicate and maintain their vision. At the end of the day, to be successful and efficient, leaders need to be mentally tough. Generally, mentally tough leaders have been through challenging situations and came out stronger.
1. Mentally Tough Leaders Are Self-ConfidentThey experience life outside of their comfort zone, take risks and overcome failure.
2. Mentally Tough Leaders Are Able to Manage Their EmotionsThey are able to control their emotions. Furthermore, they are selective of the people around them. They share their emotions only with the people they can trust.
3. Mentally Tough Leaders Face their Fears and Take ActionThey overcome their fears and risk failure to achieve success.
4. Mentally Tough Leaders Are Selective Of Whom They Associate WithThey patiently select their support system. Their support system is positive, will celebrate their success, and share their vision and mindset.
5. Mentally Tough Leaders Are Self-DisciplinedThey maintain a routine, a healthy diet and exercise regularly to secure their health and wellness.
6. Mentally Tough Leaders Know how and when to say NoThey don’t people please and say no without feeling guilt or regret.
7. Mentally Tough Leaders Are IndependentThey do not compare their progress with that of others. They are their own competition. They mind their own business, don’t care about people’s opinion of them and are accountable for their decisions.
8. Mentally Tough Leaders Are Ready and Equipped for AnythingThey don’t operate out of fear or under pressures of office politics. They do the right thing and keep their conscience clear at the risk of losing their job.
9. Mentally Tough Leaders Are Obsessed with Productivity and Positive OutcomesThey are focused on becoming more productive and successful.
10. Mentally Tough Leaders Are StrongThey are ready to fight for what they want until the end.
11. Mentally Tough Leaders Are ResponsiveThey aim to make a sound decision whether it is under pressure or not.
12. Mentally Tough Leaders Are Willing to LearnThey need to keep learning, evolving, and adapting to changes.
13. Mentally Tough Leaders Possess ControlThey have control over themselves, their thoughts and circumstances.
14. Mentally Tough Leaders Focus On the Right PrioritiesThey value quality of work over quantity.
15. Mentally Tough Leaders Realize the Likelihood of Developing Decision FatigueThey know that they can burnout so they maintain a healthy lifestyle and keep making the best decisions for their teams. every task takes away energy and a fatigued mind is ineffective.
16. Mentally Tough Leaders Build Themselves UpThey maintain a flexible schedule for activities meant to build up their mental toughness. They take care of themselves with specific and routine activities.
17. Mentally Tough Leaders Stay PositiveThey are positive in their way of thinking and associate themselves only with positive things. They think positively about themselves and their team. They believe that they are what they think.
18. Mentally Tough Leaders Put Quality firstThey delegate and encourage their team to produce quality work.
How do you become mentally strong?To become mentally strong, there are several skills you need to acquire. Suitable skills are developed after many trials and failures. After years of training yourself, you can develop:
- A Hyper Focus Mindset. You don’t allow distractions to clutter your mind and take you out of your zone.
- A Winning Mindset. You must believe in your expertise and believe that you will succeed no matter what.
- Willpower. You must be able to stay on to of your goals until you have achieved them, despite the obstacles or your fears. Your willpower has to be maintained through relaxation methods and healthy activities.
- Composure. You are able to stay calm under pressure.
- An Ability to Handle Failure. You must acknowledge that a mentally strong person can fail too. If you have failed, you must extract a lesson from it.
- Accountability. You must own up to your mistakes, overcome negative emotions, learn from failure and move on.
- Preparedness. You must plan and prepare for the unexpected.
- A Readiness to Take On the Challenge. You must face and embrace whatever challenge comes your way.
- An Ability to Optimize Stress. You are able to take advantage of a stressful environment and still reach your objectives.
- A Capability to Stretch Out the Limits. You stretch your limits and are able to achieve your objectives in spite of physical discomfort or mental stress.
The Qualities Needed to Develop Mental ToughnessMentally tough people possess numerous qualities too that shine through when push comes to shove. These qualities are ingrained in their personalities and in their character. In general, mentally tough people:
- Are Self-Motivated. Your drive to succeed comes from within and you are capable to endure for what you love to do.
- Maintain Positivity. You are able to get in the zone, to stay focused on positive thoughts amid the chaos or in high pressure situations.
- Visualize The Life They Want. You visualize the outcome of a task from beginning to end before performing it which makes it easier to implement.
- Meditate. Meditation reduces stress, clears your mind and allows you to relax.
- Talk Positively To Themselves. You can coach and motivate yourself with your own words.
- Constantly Seek Discomfort. You get out your comfort zone frequently and are able to handle whatever life throws at you.
- Are Prepared For The Unexpected. You will have to be prepared and have experienced everything in life in the worst possible conditions so you don’t break or have to be taken by surprise.
ReviewMental Toughness: Essential Principles of Leadership and Success by Mak Hill is an easy to read and straight to the point motivational book. Truthfully, I had this book on my shelf and was eyeing it for a very long time. Though the principles in this book are known, this book has put a lot of things in perspective for me and has reminded me that perseverance is key to success. I truly recommend this if you are seeking more for yourself, want to quiet their mind and take back control, are going through challenges or have taken heavy hits lately. As cliché as it may sound, it teaches you that:
- You have to believe in yourself and stand up for what you want.
- When life gives you lemon, you have to make lemonade.
- Quitting should not be made a habit.
Let me know below what you think about this book!
Mental toughness for an individual is his ability to deal with pressures, stressors, and challenges, and to give the best possible results, in spite of the circumstances that individual finds himself in. Others define it as the ability to rise after failures and setbacks, and the resolve to spot and take hold of the opportunities that come up. Experts swear by the fact that grit, or mental toughness, plays a critical role in your achievement of anything in life. This is excellent news to many of us who desire success in some activity but do not carry the genes. We can still be top achievers, if only we become mentally tough. In itself, success is not an event that finds you; it is a state of mind. The courage and strength to win develop internally, in the brain. If you want to reach your goals and become a success, you must learn how to get that mental strength by yourself. Keep in mind that calm, smooth seas do not make adept sailors; it is the violent and turbulent ones that do. The challenge you encounter in the course of your life will not matter, what matters is the reaction you will have towards it. Developing the right attitude towards failure will require you to know that failure does not condemn your abilities; it is merely a reaction or feedback to the effort put.
About the authorMak Hill
Mak HILL is a successful entrepreneur and corporate business man. Mak Hill is also the author of Mental Toughness: Essential Principles of Leadership and Success.
You must be logged in to post a comment.