It comes a time where we feel overwhelmed by life’s difficulties and desire to simplify our lives but we just don’t know how…
Wondering what are the things that you can stop doing as a leader to simplify your life?
1. Not being self aware
2. Neglecting your unresolved issues
3. Giving too much importance to your professional life over your personal life
4. Saying yes to everything
5. Doing too many things all at once
6. Working until you burn out.
7. Not making time for yourself or your loved ones
8. Disregarding the essentials and what matters most to you
9. Avoiding your emotions
10. Giving too much room to your emotions
11. Mistreating yourself
12. Mistreating others
13. Stressing out
14. Transfering your emotions to other people who could potentially help you
15. Trying to please people
16. Comparing yourself to people
17. Competing with other people
18. Running someone else’s race
19. Moving at someone else’s pace
20. Trusting the wrong people
21. Micromanaging and not letting people do their jobs
22. Making assumptions about people
23. Spreading and believing rumors about others
24. Making up lies
25. Worrying about your image and reputation instead of the work you produce.
26. Faking it until you make it.
27. Shifting blame
28. Creating drama
29. Stepping on other people to feel better about yourself
30. Wanting to be right all the time
31. Thinking that your solution is the best solution
32. Being resistant to change
33. Being too transparent
34. Being fearful about everything
35. Being overbearing
36. Being crowded all the time
37. Spending time around toxic people
38. Doing things that you hate
39. Getting distracted
40. Avoiding exercise
41. Choosing unhealthy foods
42. Allowing and participating in groupthink
43. Seeking control over other people
44. Seeking only power over others
45. Taking too long in the commute
46. Inviting clutter in your home
47. Holding to clutter on your office space
48. Letting emails stack up
49. Letting small tasks stack up
50. Doing all your tasks all at once
51. Setting boundaries with people
52. Managing your time effectively
53. Giving too much importance to deadlines
54. Constantly tracking progress
55. Not being flexible enough with your time
56. Not taking responsibility for your actions
Last Words Of Advice
Just remember, you cannot stop all these things at once.
But once you start simplifying your life, you won’t want to stop.
Hope that I’ve helped you get it together on your way to leadership!
Don’t forget to like, share and leave a comment below.
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit Of Less by Greg Mckeown - 8 August 2022
- Quote Of The Week #256 - 8 August 2022
- 56 Things Leaders Need To Quit To Simplify Their Lives - 1 August 2022