Trust is an essential part of leadership…
In order to make sound decisions, to have a successful business and team, Trust is more than required. It has to be built up and most importantly maintained.
Below, I have compiled a few quotes to illustrate the importance of incorporating trust in the leadership process.
1. Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.” – Albert Einstein
2. Wise men put their trust in ideas and not in circumstances. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself. – Robert E. Lee
4. Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships. – Stephen R. Covey
5. The glue that holds all relationships together — including the relationship between the leader and the led — is trust, and trust is based on integrity. – Brian Tracy
6. Just trust yourself, then you will know how to live. – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
7. Trust should be earned inherently, without any verbal demands. – Anne Elisabeth Stengl
8. When the trust account is high, communication is easy, instant, and effective. – Stephen R. Covey
9. It’s discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. – Noël Coward
10. It has always been my contention that an individual who can be relied upon to be himself and to be honest unto himself can be relied upon in every other way. – J. Paul Getty
11. Never trust he who trusts everyone. – Carlos Ruiz Zafón
12. You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. – Abraham Lincoln
13. If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people. – Virginia Woolf
14. Peace and trust take years to build and seconds to shatter. – Mahogany SilverRain
15. Without trust we don’t truly collaborate; we merely coordinate or, at best, cooperate. It is trust that transforms a group of people into a team. – Stephen R. Covey
16. Trust is built when someone is vulnerable and not taken advantage of. – Bob Vanourek
17. Trust doesn’t mean that you trust that someone won’t screw up—it means you trust them when they do screw up. – Ed Catmull
18. Leadership is the relentless pursuit of truth and ceaseless creation of trust. – Jack Welch
19. Great teams have trust at the heart of their success. If you don’t trust each other, you’ll play safe. Trust makes it possible to aim higher. To leap further and to know someone has your back if you fall. – Adam Grant
20. A team is not a group of people who work together. A team is a group of people who trust each other. – Simon Sinek
21. Trust starts with trustworthy leadership. It must be built into the corporate culture. – Barbara Kimmel Brooks
22. When people honor each other, there is a trust established that leads to synergy, interdependence, and deep respect. Both parties make decisions and choices based on what is right, what is best, what is valued most highly. – Blaine Lee
23. It’s mutual trust, even more than mutual interest, that holds human associations together. – H. L. Mencken
24. Trust is built with consistency. – Lincoln Chafee
25. When truth takes a backseat to ego and politics, trust is lost. – Patrick Lencioni
26. Because you believed I was capable of behaving decently, I did. – Paolo Coelho
27. Do not trust all men, but trust men of worth; the former course is silly, the latter a mark of prudence. – Democritus
28. You must train your intuition – you must trust the small voice inside you which tells you exactly what to say, what to decide. – Ingrid Bergman
Last Words Of Advice
Trust is a two-way street and is fragile. It takes years to build and a few seconds to destroy.
Hope that I’ve helped you get it together on your way to leadership!
Don’t forget to like, share and leave a comment below.
- Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World By Admiral William H. McRaven - 24 January 2022
- Quote Of the Week #228 - 24 January 2022
- 25 Self-Improvement Questions Every Leader Should Answer This New Year - 17 January 2022