The best experts are the people who have both studied and experienced leadership.
Only a CEO would know what it takes to become a successful leader…
Below are the 25 best leadership advice and strategies to train yourself and steer you toward success.
1. Seek out leadership experience because experience is the best teacher
2. Become a people person
Essentially, becoming a people person consists in getting to know people on a personal level.
3. Improve your listening and communication skills
Listening and communication skills are easily upgraded by connecting with people on a personal level, clearly communicating visions and values and holding regular meetings.
4. Surround yourself with the right people
Leaders don’t suddenly possess all the knowledge in the world.
They have to rely on the expertise of their employees, delegate tasks and allow employees to come up with solutions to their problem.
5. Put the right people in the right position
6. Invest in employees personal success and well-being
7. Treat your employees well
Your personal and organizational success depends on who well you treat your employees. In return, your employees will take better care of the customers and clients.
8. Promote humane and holistic values
Leaders must be as humane and holistic as possible.
They understand that their employees are integral people with needs and wants.
9. Actively manage your relationships
Help and support is always needed and can come from anywhere and anyone.
10. Maintain healthy work-life balance for yourself and everyone else
11. Empower your employees
Leaders are enablers and facilitators.
They empower and help their team grow.
In addition, they teach people how to be successful and how to take risks.
12. Rally everyone around a common goal
13. Embrace change and use it to your benefit
14. Infuse your vision into the culture
15. Be quick to recognize opportunities and challenges
16. Have a greater sense of purpose
17. Learn to make sound and ethical decisions
18. Avoid following conventional wisdom
19. Always plan and focus on the most important priorities
20. Be passionate about what you do and have fun when you do it
21. Learn continually
Leaders continually ask questions. Most leaders learn to be good learners by working for good leaders.
22. Practice, practice, practice
Leaders can be trained and find ways to practice their skills on a daily.
23. Be open to feedback
Leaders stay on the brink of innovation and know how to articulate their ideas.
25. Rely on core values
Leaders have strong sets of core values that are the organization mission statement, set the standard, set the premise for all processes and sip into the culture.
Leadership Secrets of the World’s Most Successful CEOs by Eric Yaverbaum is a self-help book that gathers the experience of successful CEOs and that shares invaluable leadership lessons.
There are many characteristics that make leaders be great such as authenticity, honesty and kindness. In Leadership Secrets of the World’s Most Successful CEOs, Eric Yaverbaum essentially states that great leaders can be trained.
According to him, leaders are people who generally have a multitude of skills but who are mostly service-oriented and people-oriented.
Indeed, every advice and leadership strategy is aimed to develop the steadiest and most effective leader. Every advice and leadership startegy is geared towards employee well-being and relationship building.
Leaders are not self-centered. They must always be focused on how they make other people feel and how they can move them towards a unique and common goal.
Let me know below what you think about this book!
There’s an old saying: “Give a man a fish, feed him for a day; teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime”.
There are so many characteristics that make a person a good leader: a leader should be authentic, a listener, stand for values, lead by example, be honest, provide direction, and—most important—be daring, take risks, and develop and empower others. This combination of techniques is what makes a true leader.
If you are not a “born leader”, you can develop your leadership abilities through training and experience
The Leader Planner13,95€
Subscribe to Journey To Leadership