Change is inevitable and is part of living…
Everybody is continuously subjected to change.
The effective leader who wishes to induce change will start by changing people’s attitude and behavior.
Wondering what are some effective ways leaders use to implement change?
According to Dale Carnegie, leaders must work themselves towards making the request for change.
1. Be sincere
It is important to:
- Know exactly what it is you want to do and what you want the other person to do.
- Not overpromise and underdeliver.
- Forget about the benefits to yourself and concentrate on the benefits to the other person.
2. Be empathetic
Empathy is about understanding another person’s point of view and asking yourself what is it the other person really wants.
Before you even begin inducing change and telling someone that what they are doing is wrong, leaders have to give honest appreciation.
3. Consider the other person’s wants
Leaders must also consider the benefits that person will receive from doing what they suggest and match those benefits to the other person’s wants.
It helps to use encouragement and give the other person a reputation and a valid objective to live up to.
4. Make the request
When making the request for change, leaders must constantly communicate, convey that this change will personally benefit the and suggest ideas instead of giving orders.
The person will generally be happy to do the things that was suggested.
If all fails, let the other person save face.
Last Words Of Advice!
Implementing change isn’t easy because many people will resist it and you don’t see the immediate results.
Be patient with yourself and others!
Hope that I’ve helped you get it together on your way to leadership!
Don’t forget to like, share and leave a comment below.
Journey To Leadership is now hosting networking events…
Come and join us in Paris on January 22nd, 2021!
Purchase your tickets for all our events on Eventbrite and Meetup.com!
Subscribe to Journey To Leadership
- 25 Self-Improvement Questions Every Leader Should Answer This New Year - 17 January 2022
- Quote Of the Week #227 - 17 January 2022
- Start.: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average, and Do Work That Matters By Jon Acuff - 10 January 2022