There is nothing like a good book to anticipate difficulties, to lazily and passively kill time, to help you nurture your mental health and to increase your understanding of yourself and life…
Needless to say, books are essential for growth and contain invaluable life principles.
The books selected, geared towards self-improvement, share useful principles to get inspiration and broaden your mindset.
1. Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action By Simon Sinek
Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action provides a leadership framework for leaders and organizations.
Indeed, this book invites people to look within and back up each action with an intention. Great leaders know why they do what they do.
It also explains how people won’t buy into an idea, a product or a person until they know the story and the reason behind it.
2. Mental Toughness: Essential Principles of Leadership and Success By Mak Hill
If you intend to live your life to the fullest and to pursue your goals, mental toughness is required at all cost.
Mental Toughness: Essential Principles of Leadership and Success, Mak Hill states that leaders who are mentally tough are generally successful because they:
- Have been through a lot in life.
- Acknowledge that their attitude determines their altitude.
- Understand that their circumstances don’t determine your mindset or your level of success.
- Face their fears, overcome self-doubt and are at peace with their past.
3. Ego Is The Enemy By Ryan Holiday
This books teaches you to discipline your ego during your moments of success and failure. Challenges come and go but you must always be mindful of your attitude towards these challenges.
4. Mindset: The New Psychology of Success By Carol S. Dweck
Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, Carol S. Dweck invites us to move from a Fixed Mindset to a Growth Mindset in order to perform to out highest level, to stop worrying about what others think of us, to let go of fears and past failures.
Leaders who adopt a Growth Mindset are open to learning, are at peace with themselves and have achieved personal success.
5. Good To Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t By Jim Collins
In Good To Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t, by surveying different companies to understand what makes them great, Jim Collins offers a complete roadmap to success.
Jim Collins stresses the importance of self-discipline in order to become great.
6. Finish What You Start: The Art of Following Through, Taking Action, Executing, & Self-Discipline By Peter Hollins
Finish What You Start: The Art of Following Through, Taking Action, Executing, & Self-Discipline, Peter Hollins provides us with different strategies to help us achieve anything we want to.
Leaders who follow though on their goals and dreams have taken a good look at themselves first, then have worked to improve their mindset. They believe that they are capable, have purpose, are continual learner and that discomfort is inevitable.
While everyone is social distancing, taking time off to take care of themselves, you can always take away something from books.
Books can reduce your stress levels, improve your communication, emotional intelligence, self-awareness and self-discipline.
Let me know below what you think about our book selection!
Subscribe to Journey To Leadership