We spend most of the time with ourselves.
We go through life’s pains and joys with ourselves.
We are out best friend or worst enemies but we don’t really take the time to get to know ourselves.
How can we lead the way if we don’t really know ourselves?
Indeed, leadership is all about self-improvement.
To be a great leader, you need to start by leading yourself.
Below are 50 questions that will send you on the path of self-discovery.
Wondering which questions you should pose to get to know yourself better?
1. What is your best childhood memory?
2. What is your worst childhood memory?
3. Which best describes how you were as a child?
4. What advice would you give your younger self?
5. What is the best advice you have ever received growing up?
6. If you went back to school, what would you major in?
7. How do you visualize yourself?
8. What do you like the most about yourself?
9. If you could change something about yourself, what would it be?
10. What makes you unique?
11. What is your best quality?
12. What would you say is your kryptonite?
13. What are your skills, strengths and weaknesses?
14. What personality traits do you value the most in yourself?
15. What character traits do you value the most in yourself?
16. What personality or character traits turn you off?
17. What would you like to improve about yourself?
18. What is your system of belief?
19. What are your 5 main core values?
20. Who and what fulfills you?
21. How well do you embrace solitude?
22. What do you think of before you go to bed?
23. If you had one last day to live, what would you do?
24. What do you believe to be true about the world?
25. If you could know the absolute truth to one question, what would you ask?
26. Where do you feel most comfortable?
27. What gets you out of your comfort zone?
28. How would you describe your perfect day?
29. What makes your day better?
30. What inspires you the most?
Life & Self-Actualization
31. What would you do differently if you could go back in time?
32. What is the worst that ever happened to you?
33. What is the most insane thing you have ever done in life?
34. What was one of the most amazing moments in your life?
35. What is the most valuable lesson have you learned in life?
36. What is the most valuable lesson you have learned about yourself?
37. What do you want to achieve next year? In five years?
38. Where do you see yourself in the next ten years?
39. What would you say is your purpose is in life?
40. What do you expect most from yourself?
41. What do you look forward to the most in life?
42. What do you think is missing in your life?
43. What area of your life would you like to improve the most?
44. What legacy do you want to leave on the world?
45. When do you have the most energy?
46. Where would you ideally want to live?
47. What is your best work experience?
48. What is your worst work experience?
49. What was your childhood dream profession?
50. Are you sure about your current career path?
51. What is your dream job and is it attainable?
52. If you didn’t have a care in the world, what would you do?
53. Are you comfortable with change?
54. What’s your decision-making style?
55. What is your leadership style?
56. What is your communication style?
57. When you have something exciting to share, how do you tell people?
Goals & Success
58. How do you define success?
59. What are your greatest accomplishments?
60. What do you want to accomplish someday?
61. What are the obstacles that you regularly face?
62. What is one obstacle that you have overcome?
63. If money wasn’t an object, what would you do?
64. What is holding you back from achieving your goals?
65. What are your greatest regrets in life?
66. What keeps you up at night?
67. Has there been a time where you felt like a failure before?
68. How did you handle being or feeling like a failure?
69. Where do you get your best ideas?
70. How do you start your day?
71. How do you rate your health habits?
72. What bad habit would you like to eliminate and why?
73. What good habits would you like to acquire?
74. Are your habits helping or hindering you from reaching your goals?
75. What are your emotional triggers?
76. What really makes you angry?
77. What emotionally charges or drains you?
78. What is your worst fear?
79. When and why did you last cry?
80. What is the most beautiful place you have ever been to?
81. What is your favorite or ideal travel destination?
82. What is your favorite way to travel?
83. Which movie title best describes your life?
84. Which TV shows or genres describe you the most?
85. What is your favorite book to read?
86. Which quote or lyric resonates most with you?
87. What is your favorite joke?
88. What are your favorite meals?
89. What activity brings you the most joy?
90. What are your passions and hobbies?
91. Which hobby or activity you would like to take on?
92. What is you favorite thing to do on a given day?
93. If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Your Interactions With Others
94. What do you like the most about your support system?
95. Do you enjoy giving or accepting compliments?
96. Who are you closest to?
97. Who is closest to you?
98. How would your friends describe you?
99. What do you think people misunderstand about you?
100. What is the question you would like to ask people but are too afraid to do so?
101. Who inspires you?
102. Who is your ideal mentor?
103. Who do you model your behavior after and why?
Last Words Of Advice!
You may not be able to answer all these questions in one sitting.
However, you can always come back to these questions and work on your answers.
Just the mere fact that you are reading this says that you are on your way to self-discovery.
Hope that I’ve helped you get it together on your way to leadership!
Don’t forget to like, share and leave a comment below.
The Leader Planner13,95€
Subscribe to Journey To Leadership