I have been nominated for the first time for the blogger recognition award by the lovely Melanated Butter Fly! I am grateful, excited and flattered to have been nominated after a few months of blogging.
The Melanated Butter Fly is a travel blog, filled with adventure and beautiful landscapes and experiences, all from the perspective of a young South African woman: Nolusindiso “Nolu” Hleko.
How did I start my Journey To Leadership Blog?
I started my blog to help graduates transition smoothly to the corporate life, to help people improve their corporate skills, leadership skills and to advance their career.
Since, I have mostly been writing about overcoming toxic people, the methods to handling toxic situations, withstanding the hiring process, divulging the hard truths about corporate. This stems from a desire to help people survive hard times because i belive good times are innately easy to handle.
I also write about finding your strengths and weaknesses, making the most of your strength, identifying your purpose and calling, developing character and core values, and becoming the best leader you can be. I believe that you have to grow as an individual and as a leader, stand stall with your core values, to pick yourself back up and to have something to look forward to in life.
Advice for new bloggers?
I would advice my fellow bloggers to:
- Stay committed to their blog, to their creative decisions and to their followers. Don’t allow setbacks or lack of income to discourage you from building the blog of your dreams or from implementing your vision.
- Keep learning from other blogs in your niche and outside of your niche. Read books, be open to new experiences and to new acquaintances.
The Journey To Leadership has nominated the following 10 blogs:
- Danny Writes – For his social and political consciousness.
- A Shieldmaiden Life – For the ability to face realities, to be undefeated by life and to seek to inspire others.
- Fare Machine Blog – For sharing practical travel tips, regional gastronomy and encouraging us to travel by promoting wonderful landscapes.
- Iamots – For seeking to empower and motivate others.
- Digital Advice – For providing useful tips for blogging and marketing.
- Maroon Oak – For connecting women professionals to each other, helping women find a work life balance.
- Live Learn Laugh – For the desire to empower women in their community and to encourage them towards self-confidence, self-leadership and self-acceptance.
- JthreeNMe – For her parenting and marriage advice and especially for the piece Dear Little Girl With The Smart Mouth.
- On Women’s Mind – For her strong opinion about fashion, beauty, parenting.
- Women To Leaders – For her coverage of political and events and women working conditions in the world.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.