Have You just graduated and managed to find a corporate job… in a cubicle? Congratulations! Your work zone is now about to be invaded.
Whether You are introverted or extroverted, sharing the office with people more than 8 hours a day, 5 days a week is physically and emotionally strenuous. You will eventually come to a point where You will curse the person that invented open spaces!
Sharing the open space is difficult even though we have been doing that in the classroom since school years. Think about it!
Open spaces have been created in 1964 by Robert Propst and was meant to give workers more space and more freedom. However, nowadays, open spaces totally lack privacy and workers are confined in a small space.
Here are some tips on how to create your own personal space in an open space:
- Customize your desk by putting up an appropriate poster and post cards or setting a flower pot on your desk.
- Wear headphones and listen to your favorite music playlist. Doing this will isolate You from your coworkers.
- Use noise cancelling devices if you prefer to work in pure silence.
- Take regular tea or coffee breaks. Coffee and tea will rejuvenate you n give you energy.
- Isolate yourself in an empty room. Taking regular bathroom breaks will allow You to relax for at least five minutes.
- Read a electronic book if You wish to be discrete.
Don’t forget to leave a comment below. Hope this will help You to get it together on your way to leadership!