Are you new to your job and wondering if You belong?
Of course You do! Being a perfect fit in your job is an essential component for proper integration into your , getting along well with coworkers and for your career evolution.
Just know that within the very first week, you can determine if You can adapt to your new workplace. To assess efficiently whether you are a good fit or not, you have to know yourself and your limits. Knowing oneself requires a certain level of maturity that is acquired through deep meditation, personal experience and hardships.
Here are the top signs that You are a good fit on you new job:
- First of all, You are technically gifted in your professional field. People will automatically respect You if You are undeniably good at what You do whether You are obnoxious or not, passionate or not, clumsy or not…
- You are daily motivated, You understand your tasks and accomplish them seriously and responsibly. If they were to be taken from You, You would literally die.
- You are driven and passionate for your field of work. Being purposeful will come in handy when You encounter difficult situations at work and will push You to the finish line.
- After a few weeks on the job, You have an overview of the workplace atmosphere. Still, You do not dread going to work on Sunday nights, anxiety is a not a known feeling and dealing with coworkers, replying to their emails and requests are an absolute source of joy.
- After a few weeks on the job, You realize that You share the same core values as your company and your coworkers.
- You and your coworkers are of the same age group and on the same wavelength. For example,
- You possess the same rhetoric as your coworkers.
- You laugh at the same jokes.
- You talk about the same things, watch the same series and have the same movie references.
- You adapt to the same dress code.
Therefore, You love your coworkers ’till death do You part, in sickness and in health, whether rich or poor, in sorrow and in joy. Dealing with them does not make You want to sequester them (or burn their house down).
- You have the same ambitions: You are You willing to collaborate with coworkers or trample over other coworkers on your quest to power. The office can be made of preys and/or predators.
Don’t forget to leave a comment below. Hope this will help You to get it together on your way to leadership!
- 1 AI-Based Leadership App For Writing & Grammar Checking - 23 March 2023
- Quote Of The Week #288 - 20 March 2023
- 11 Relaxing Quotes For Leaders To Get Some Rest - 16 March 2023
30 thoughts on “Signs You are a good fit for your new job”
It is important to be a good fit. Both for yourself and your new employer.
Absolutely! Not fitting in is a “waste a time” for both you and your employer. You will end up leaving the job early and your employer will lose on the training that he or she has provided for you. Robin Rue, thank you for commenting!
I think that is important to feel good at a job. If there are people that are making your life miserable then even if you are a good fit it’s not worth staying.
I don’t think that going to work is about making friends. But, I do believe in feeling comfortable in a company and in a position. Miserable and toxic coworkers can quickly make a workplace environment toxic; they can make you lose your appreciation for your work and the ability to want to fit in. Thank you Joanna for commenting!
Great to know that there are signs to show you are in the right job. Now to have others see that and give you a job.
momknowsbest15, you are funny. I laughed myself off! Unfortunately, we cannot control other people behaviors! Thank you for commenting!
It really is important to feel motivated and passionate about your work and your workplace. If you have those things, and you’re in a healthy environment, fitting in is definitely not an issue.
Absolutely! If everyone, including yourself, shares the same interests for their field, their workplace and their respective positions then it is definitely a good start.
These are all good reasons to know if you’re a good fit. I loved my job and couldn’t wait to go in and take care of all of our patients.
Thank you Boho Chic! I believe you fitted in perfectly in your last job!
This brought back so many memories to my first corporate job. It’s been years since I left to start my own business, and I don’t regret a day since then.
Congratulations on creating your own business. I hope it succeeds. Thanks for the comment!
This are awesome tips! They also remind me that I don’t miss working for someone else LOL I was blessed tho that when I did work outside the home, that I did something that I truly enjoyed!
I appreciate your comment! I sure hope that your home business succeeds!
These are great things to think about. I am really happy that I am not in the market for a new job, but if I ever do, I am going to keep these in mind!
Thank you! Job search is a job in itself! Am I right?!
I think it’s important to work in an environment that makes you feel comfortable and that you can relate to on some level to your co-workers. I couldn’t imagine working somewhere that makes me miserable.
Not feeling comfortable with your coworkers will constantly have you the defensive which is unhealthy for you. That’s why it is important to pick the right workspace where you know you can fit in!
Thank you for your comment!
You must log in to post a comment.