Are you new to your job and wondering if You belong?
Of course You do! Being a perfect fit in your job is an essential component for proper integration into your , getting along well with coworkers and for your career evolution.
Just know that within the very first week, you can determine if You can adapt to your new workplace. To assess efficiently whether you are a good fit or not, you have to know yourself and your limits. Knowing oneself requires a certain level of maturity that is acquired through deep meditation, personal experience and hardships.
Here are the top signs that You are a good fit on you new job:
- First of all, You are technically gifted in your professional field. People will automatically respect You if You are undeniably good at what You do whether You are obnoxious or not, passionate or not, clumsy or not…
- You are daily motivated, You understand your tasks and accomplish them seriously and responsibly. If they were to be taken from You, You would literally die.
- You are driven and passionate for your field of work. Being purposeful will come in handy when You encounter difficult situations at work and will push You to the finish line.
- After a few weeks on the job, You have an overview of the workplace atmosphere. Still, You do not dread going to work on Sunday nights, anxiety is a not a known feeling and dealing with coworkers, replying to their emails and requests are an absolute source of joy.
- After a few weeks on the job, You realize that You share the same core values as your company and your coworkers.
- You and your coworkers are of the same age group and on the same wavelength. For example,
- You possess the same rhetoric as your coworkers.
- You laugh at the same jokes.
- You talk about the same things, watch the same series and have the same movie references.
- You adapt to the same dress code.
Therefore, You love your coworkers ’till death do You part, in sickness and in health, whether rich or poor, in sorrow and in joy. Dealing with them does not make You want to sequester them (or burn their house down).
- You have the same ambitions: You are You willing to collaborate with coworkers or trample over other coworkers on your quest to power. The office can be made of preys and/or predators.
Don’t forget to leave a comment below. Hope this will help You to get it together on your way to leadership!
- 9 Ways To Grow As A Leader In The Age Of Social Distancing - 13 July 2020
- Quote Of The Week #149 - 13 July 2020
- Dream Big: Know What You Want, Why You Want It, and What You’re Going to Do About It By Bob Goff - 6 July 2020